EMBEDDED SYSTEMS (HARDWARE) ENGINEER
Pegasus is actively developing the technology and people necessary to create an equilibrium between humanity and our environment through an intelligence-driven approach to our biggest challenges. We are recruiting for talented, highly motivated individuals looking for the challenge of a lifetime.
Pegasus is seeking a driven individual who can manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. This role is an opportunity to have an exponential impact in creating and deploying transformative technology for real-world impact, and your work will directly contribute to this.
What you’ll do:
· Full cycle PCB design including collecting requirements, schematic design, component selection, PCB layout and tracing, assembly, testing, and integration.
· Development of air vehicle electrical power systems.
· Build up and test electrical systems through lab, ground, and flight tests.
· Conduct peer-level and cross-discipline design reviews.
· Iterate and optimize existing electrical designs.
· Low-level firmware development.
· Develop system diagrams and wiring harnesses.
· Work closely with mechanical and software engineers on aircraft assembly and integration.
· Comfortable with design and assembly of PCBs (2 and 4 layers).
· Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and systems diagnostics.
· You have demonstrable experience with firmware development in C/C++.
· Familiarity with various communication protocols (RS232, CAN, I2C, etc..)
· Comfortable supporting the development of 2+ products at any given time.
· You have a bias towards action, from helping test a piece of hardware in the field, to writing documentation.
· You learn rapidly and have a strong curiosity.
· Excited to join and build an open, inclusive, and supportive company culture, based on trust and honest feedback in pursuit of building the future we want for our world.
· Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation with 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering / embedded systems.
· Comfortable with various PCB design software (Altium, KiCad).
· Hands-on experience with at least one other electrical-focused multidisciplinary project.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Enthusiastic about both mentoring others and executing work individually.
· Experience with design of high-discharge battery systems and AC/DC rectification.
· Exposure to failsafe firmware design is desirable.
· Experience in aerospace or robotics is a bonus.
Pegasus is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with Pegasus is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
If this is the challenge you’ve been looking for, or believe you have skills and experiences not listed but could be a major benefit to our mission, email your resume to
Must be able to obtain and hold a Canadian security clearance.